Nite Ize believes no product is too small or basic to be improved. Exhibit A: the classic utility carabiner. They took a hard look at this ubiquitous device and saw two good opportunities to make it more efficient. Nite Ize designed an innovative slide-to-lock feature that securely locks the gate with a simple push and slide movement, and unlocks when you want it to just as easily. Then, instead of a bulky tubular construction, they designed a cross sectioned, rectangular stainless steel body that's durable, low profile, and slim; it feeds more easily through smaller openings and rests flat in pockets. Available in two sizes: #4 (perfect for attaching to a belt loop or backpack to carry larger items.) and #2 (for carrying smaller items like keys, and attaching to zipper pulls).
- Durable Stainless Steel Locking Utility Carabiner
- Secure stainless steel wire gate with a slide-to-lock feature
- Size #2 Dimensions: 1.7" x 1.1" x 0.1" | 43.6mm x 28.9mm x 2.5mm
- Size #4 Dimensions: 3.1" x 2.0" x 0.1" | 78.5mm x 52.0mm x 3.0mm
- Size #2 Weight: 0.2oz | 7.0g - Weight Rating: 10lb | 4.5kg
- Size #4 Weight: 1.1oz | 31.00g - Weight Rating: 75lb | 34kg
Warning: Not for use where disengagement could result in bodily injury or property damage. Not for climbing.